As I approach my 29th birthday, I am left reflecting on my time so far, and looking back to the highs, the lows, and everything in between.
Since beginning my own personal transformation journey some 7 years ago, there’s been some valuable lessons I have both learnt, lived, and stumbled upon.
Here’s 29 of them for you to enjoy while I hit the cake, spend time with loved ones, and celebrate!
1. Stop fearing failure. You won’t develop the resilience you need to get to the next step
2. Don’t do something purely out of spite or revenge. You won’t find happiness there
3. Yes ... chocolate is always the answer
4. The more you hold back, the harder it will become to ever move forward
5. Audit your mindset at least every year, and break down the beliefs and identities that continue to hold you back.
6. You’re allowed to break everything down in order to start again - keep choosing your heart
7. Stop ignoring those niggles or gut feelings. They’re there for a reason
8. Find your passion and use it to inspire others
9. No, you’re not “too much” or “not enough”. You’re perfect as you are - warts and all.
10. If there’s something you feel called to do - follow it
11. Do something that scares you - and survive
12. Self awareness is one of the greatest skills you can acquire
13. Done is better than perfect
14. When you find your “one”, help them, love them, and grow with them. Don’t leave them behind
15. Find one thing each day to be thankful for
16. A healthy body is fundamental to creating a healthy mind
17. Each day you wake up - you have a choice to feel, think, and behave. Choose wisely
18. Do something creative every day
19. If you can’t take responsibility for the things that go wrong, you damn well better not take the credit for what goes right
20. The path to success can be exhausting, brutal, and painful. But it’s worth it
21. Stop conforming
22. Raise your standards.
23. People will occasionally look at you as if you’ve grown another head. Keep levelling up
24. Find time each day to be present
25. Not everyone gets the chance to follow their heart or live their dreams. Do it while you can
26. Don’t spend so much time preparing that you forget to execute
27. If an opportunity comes your way - take it. You can work out the finer details later
28. You don’t have to qualified, educated, or naturally gifted to follow your purpose. You just need a strong work ethic and the will to succeed
29. You’ll reach a time in your life when you’re sick and tired of your circumstances. Do something, instead of just talking about it
Sign up to our email newsletter!